What is it?
Some individuals flounder when they encounter events which occur in the average lifespan. Examples are marriage, birth of a baby, divorce, loss of a job, a child leaving home, retirement or the death of a loved one.
Who Does it Affect?
Adults make choices about education, work, hobbies, and life partnerships. If you are thriving, growing, and happy, then your choices have been good ones, which fit you. If you are not satisfied with some aspect of your life, you may wish to give some thought to evaluating where you are in your life.
Signs and Symptoms
- Bored at work
- Irritable for no known reason
- Grieving a loss which seems to take over your life
- Worrying about things which you can’t control
- Overwhelmed by daily tasks
- Dwelling on mistakes you have made
- Feeling trapped but unable to take action